Clinical Governance and Patient Safety
At The Surrey Park Clinic we put patient safety at the heart of everything we do. Patient care is tailored to the individual, and great emphasis is put on safety, high quality clinical care and cleanliness. The clinic is a discreet private clinic that works with a team of very experienced consultants, nurses and sonographers to deliver personalised care to all our patients.
Clinical Governance and patient Safety
At the Surrey Park Clinic we adhere to the guidelines published by the Department of Health in “A First Class Service – Quality in the NHS”. We also follow the same approach where we ensure that we are “accountable for continuously improving the quality of our services and safeguarding high standards”.
At the Surrey Park Clinic we have a senior consultant appointed as the medical director who is responsible for the governance and safety in the clinic. We have monthly Medical Advisory Committee (MAC) meetings that are chaired by the medical director.
We have developed our pillars of clinical governance which are shown below:
- Clinical effectiveness outcomes
- Clinical risk management
- CME/CPD/Personal performance
- Accreditation and where possible I.T. systems as support for such activities
- Quality indicators, patient satisfaction and complaints
Additionally we submit data to the Care Quality Commission (CQC) on a quarterly basis.
The CQC indicators we submit data for are: –
- Unplanned Readmission within 28 days for same/related condition
- Complaints/Adverse Events
At The Surrey Park clinic minimising the risk of healthcare associated infection, for each patient is a matter of continuous vigilance, robust infection surveillance systems and ongoing training of staff at all levels in hospital hygiene.
Factors that contribute to our high quality record include:
- Individual clinic rooms with individual changing rooms and recovery room for all patients before and after any treatment or procedures
- High nurse to patient ratios, increasing the time available for individual attention and ensuring the highest quality of care and hygiene.
- A rapid and comprehensive room cleaning regime between patient appointments.